Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Camping out

Well for the next 2.5 days we will be taking the kids up the mountain for a camping trip.  This is a full pack in hike.  Each pack will weigh 50-60 lbs.  These kids are going to be challenged for sure.  I am glad I have been running and working out.  But also this will be a great oppurtunity for the kids to grow and push themselves.  I compare what these kids are going to experience to my walk with Christ.  There are times He is pushing me to change and be molded.  Alot of times i question him, as these kids will question themselves if they can make it up the mountain, but after the trial you look back and say He changed me.  As I mentioned above this will be a challenge...keep these kids in prayer.  Some have never done anything like this:)...also pray for the staff as we are in charge of these kids..pray for safety but also for some good conversation and oppurtunities:)

Here are a couple of pictures of what my pack looks like and what the kids will be taking....
 
The piles consist of bear bags, food, stoves, eating tools....this will be broken up with their teams...these piles dont include their personal stuff:)
 
 
We will be camping starting tomorrow nite till friday morning!!!  Good Tymes!!!  Hopefully I will have some great photos of what 10,000 feet looks like:)
 
In Him,
 
Nate



No comments:

Post a Comment