Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Camping at Swift Pass...We Made It:)










Yesterday July 9th we hiked to Swift Pass and camped.  The hike was 2.5 miles up the mountain.  We had the campers pack in, so each pack weighed 60 lbs.  It was quit the trip.  Here is a picture of the meadow we all camped at. (look above)

We took the campers up the hill to take a hike.  Here is the view that we saw....
Here is the cliff that we saw as we camped.....
It was pretty cool to see the different rock formations that were all around us.  Here is my favorite pricture.  When we made it to the top of the ridge this is what we saw.....
This is the view of the valley.  If you look close enough you can see our basecamp that we live at which is 2.5 miles down the valley.

I am in awe of the scenic views that I have witnessed.  This has been an awesome experience and one that I am blessed to be involved in.  God is so good!!  Tomorrow we take the campers white water rafting.  It will be fun.:)

Nate






2 comments:

  1. This post makes me jealous. Looks like amazing views! 'Have a great time rafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome son. Went and played tennis with the chilluns this afternoon. You realize Amslie was the teacher so I was a student (how about that). It was fun altho I didn't do much running in fact none as the knees didn't want me to.

    ReplyDelete