Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Competition Day....

After 3 days of classroom work yesterday was game day for the campers.  They get a chance to compete at the different ranges,  such as the shotgun, rifle, and archery ranges.  In the morning Megan and I had the campers shooting at the "block" targets to give them the idea of what it is like at a NASP shoot.  They all seemed to enjoy themselves.


In the afternoon they get a chance to shoot the 3D range.  For those who don't know what a 3D range is....it is where the archers will shoot at 3D targets that are in the shape of animals.  They don't know the distance so they will have to guess.  It is entertaining to watch:)
here we are getting started...
they actually hit the target:)....
This student is from Pakistan and is a prof at Trinity College in Con.  The cool thing about him is he is an expert on Snow Leopards so he thought it was cool to shoot at a cat.
Here we are in the "treestand" all having fun.

I would like to introduce you to a couple of cool people.  They are Nancy and Richard.  They are our cooks and run the kitchen.  They are from Calf. where they ran a restaurant for 12 years.  They are great people who can flat out cook.  ****true story about Richard...he was the original drummer for Rio Speedwagon:)


In the evening I decided to unwind by taking a hike.  I had never been up the ridge during sunset, so I decided to head up there to see what I could find.  As mentioned before the sun has away of painting the mountains.  The pictures never do the scenery justice but it gives just a glimpse of what is seen.  So I hope you enjoy the sunset at 7500 ft.  We serve an awesome God.  So I will leave you with these pictures....





INDESCRIBABLE!!!




2 comments:

  1. You are right indescribealbe. Mother, Mid, and Genev leave tomorrow for their Alaska cruise. Love you pics and what you have been able to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful shots! I can almost smell the pine-scented air! :)

    ReplyDelete