Saturday, July 7, 2012

Today we woke up and decided to hike 3.5 mile hike up the "West Ridge" approx.  500 ft up.  It is the same ridge I can see out my window.  Staffers usually take hikes before the campers wake up so that means getting up and around at 5:00am..which is 7:00 indiana time.......here is where we are headed.
If you look at the lone pine tree at the top that is where we are going:)

Let me introduce you to Anthony.  He is from Wis. and he is a semester away from graduating college with a degree in marketing.  He is our computer guy and paper guy:)
The sunrise behind him...he thinks he is special...the verdict is still out:)

The other staffer that went with us was a youngin named Taylor.  He is one of the kitchen guys but most importently he is our local fishing guy..If you cannot find him he is often on the stream flyfishing for trout. 
When you get up as early as we do...you hope to see some wildlife and we did....
We saw elk.  This is a cow and she had 2 calves....the cow is in the center of the picture just behind that tree.....no really she is there.  Figured got about 300 yard away:)
This is a grouse...it is either a ruffled or blue grouse but she was not happy we were so close to her nest:)

As we continued up the ridge we got farther and farther away from camp...but we finally made it...here is what camp looked like from the top.
This may look close but I have the camera's zoomed in all the way:)  I thought I would finish todays entery with a great sunrise.  For those of you that know me...i love sunrises!!  "God only gives us a limited number of sunrises" and I dont like to miss a single one:)
God's awesomeness is all around us at this place.  I am in awe of my God and what he provides us to witness.

Nate








2 comments: